Adding users and permissions on Google Calendar
Adding/Removing Users to Google Calendar
Need an update for your website? Contact Pegasus Ventures Michigan for affordable, one price once a year website design with unlimited pages and updates through the year!
Adding/Removing Users to Google Calendar for a Small Business
Rule number one adding users, only give top line permissions owners. Lower level permissions prevent anyone deleting a Google Calendar, either by accident or to create problems, while allowing them to make changes.
Adding users works great to allow employees or others to add and edit events on a Google Calendar. In the case of Jenison Offices at the Boulder Bluff Centre the client gives tenants access to a Google Calendar allowing tenants to reserve the shared conference room. Google Calendars also allow people to share events appearing across Google beyond a website.
Step by Step Instructions to add people to a Google Calendar
- While signed in to Google, go to https://calendar.google.com
- Under My Calendars on the left column (desktop) tap the three dots for the correct calendar
- Select Settings and sharing
- Locate Share with specific people and select the box Add people
- A dialog box pops up, enter the Gmail address of the person to be added. Only use Gmail addresses.
- Make changes to events works just fine. The highest permission is Make changes and manage sharing. This is best reserved only for owners.
- Tap send. An invitation gets sent appearing in the “updates” tab of Gmail. The invitation does not appear in the primary section of Gmail.
- To remove users, simply tap the “X” at the end of their name.